Call for papers to the SIG 12 Track: “(Management) Consulting: Theory and Practice” @ the EURAM conference 2020 in Dublin
Theme: The Business of Now: the future starts here
Venue: Trinity Business School, Dublin, Ireland.
Date: 10-12 June 2020
Keywords: Consulting * Professional Services * Advisory * Accounting Firms * Big Four * MBB * Big three
From 2011 to 2020, the global expenditure on Management Consulting is expected to rise from USD107 to 158 billion. With consulting corporations such as KPMG, BCG and McKinsey, global actors have gained public attention, as they advise corporations, governments and institutions. Management consultants range from sole practitioners and those working in small boutique firms to members of global consultancies that literally span the world. But what exactly is (Management) Consulting?
The “(Management) Consulting: Theory and Practice” track is a response to the rapidly growing interest in research and theory building around the act of consulting and the world of professional services firms. We also seek to incentive the development of consultants from the perspectives of research, practice and teaching and ultimately bridging scholarship and practice.
Topics of interest include, amongst others:
- What is the future of consulting?
- Are there signs of important transformations in the business of consulting?
- What is the effect and future position of machine learning and advanced algorithms in the consulting market?
- Will the consulting be disrupted? How would it evolve? What are the potential new business models?
- Is consulting more than giving advice?
- What are the work relations in professional services firms?
- Are gender issues impacting the big consulting firms such as the so-called Big-4 (Deloitte, EY, KPMG and PwC)?
- How diversity and inclusion are taken by consulting firms?
- How converging are the business of design and management consulting?
- What are the dynamics of Client-Consultant relationship?
- What are the characteristics of professional services organizations?
- How can consulting interventions impact organizations?
- Knowledge commoditization: the models, templates, and tools of the consulting trade have historically been kept “secret” by consultants and locked away as intellectual capital. Does the shared economy represent a threat for consultants?
Selected papers will be invited for submission to partnering journals.
- Augusto Sales, Rennes School of Business, France, and KPMG Global Strategy Group Alumni Partner, Brazil (contact me @ email@example.com)
- Lars Clausen, University College Lillebælt, Denmark, and University of Flensburg, Germany
- Steffen Roth, La Rochelle Business School, France, and Kazimieras Simonavicius University, Lithuania
- Ricardo Azambuja, Rennes School of Business, France, and Fundação Dom Cabral, Brazil
- Deadline for Paper Submission: 14 January 2020 (2pm Belgium time)
- Notification of Acceptance: 19 March 2020
- Early Bird Registration Deadline: 10 April 2020
- Authors and Symposia Panellists Registration Deadline: 17 April 2020
Full paper submissions are invited via the official EURAM 2020 conference website (please see the menu Submission & Guidelines).
This CFP is also available for download here.